Thread: PPE Duramax Enforcer

Default PPE Duramax Enforcer

Anyone know anything about a PPE LB7 Duramax Enforcer? I picked one up at an auction the other day for next to nothing. It has never been installed before and looks to be in good shape. I emailed PPE but they claim to know nothing about it since it was discontinued several years ago. What kinda gains do they show? MPG gains, HP gains, etc etc.... I just bought my first Duramax ('01 2500HD CCLB 4wd) and cannot wait to get it home and saw this product and got it for a few bucks and thought I would give it a try. Since I cannot find any other info on it I am reluctant to install it without more info. I guess worst case scenario I am out a few bucks. I figured if anyone knew anything about it I would find them here.
    Wheat Whacker
    2001 Chevrolet 2500HD Crew Cab LB
    1995 Chevrolet 2500HD Ext. Cab LB
    6.5L Turbo Diesel HO (I know it ain't a DMAX but I can pretend, right)
    Amsoiled from one end to the other
    Road Warrior Class V Bumper with a "When I Grow Up I Want To Be a Kenworth" Bumpersticker

I haven't had any experience with one, but in a thread over on the Duramax Forums there are claims of problems with them throwing codes and generally not working reliably. Also, it was stated that PPE stopped selling it because of the problems.

At any rate, claim is that it has "stock", 40hp, and 100hp levels. Can't find any more info than that. Hopefully, somebody here has first-hand experience with one.
    2007 GMC Sierra Classic SLT K3500 CC DRW.
    19.5" Alcoas with 245/70R19.5 Goodyear treads, AFE 5" exhaust, Edge Attitude CTS, AMP Powersteps, Bilstein 5100's

And that is the exact reason I have been reluctant to install it escpecially when PPE could come up with no info and just wanted to sell me something new. Now I am sure I will not likely install it.
    Wheat Whacker
    Road Warrior Class V Bumper with a "When I Grow Up I Want To Be a Kenworth" Bumpersticker

Wow I never heard of that one. Most of that old stuff is so far gone and obsolete. Some day I should clean house here. I have old Banks 6 gun, Edge juice, TST Powermax, some old Van Akens etc laying around doing nothing.

Tuning te ECM is the way to go these days and the 2001 is a unique application that is prone to issues that the later models did not have. This is not corrected in the generic tuners.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I had actually planned on calling you about an ecm tune anyway John after reading up on it more here. I have been away from the site for a couple years so am having to do a bunch of reading to try and catch back up again. You will be hearing from me in the next couple weeks John. You never steered me wrong on my 6.5 so I guess you will be getting more of my money now for this one too. LOL
    Wheat Whacker