Thread: lb7 upgrade

Default lb7 upgrade

adding twin turbo and upgraded injection pump .shouldnt have to up grade bottom end. but i am replacing head bolts with studs( recommened by shop). your thoughts on doing one stud at a time starting with the last bolt in gm torque sequence and working back one at a time.performance shop where i got the parts have done it before no problems save taking the heads off

If you're going to spend the $$$ on GOOD studs (ARP?) why not spend an extra $150 for new head gaskets and do it right? This isn't really the job you want to do half a$$ed, and this is a good time to clean the head ports too, and any valve work that may need done. Can't do that too well on the engine.

Default Ib7 Upgrade

i mentioned the same to my son (his truck his money) just looking for back up thanks will tell him. guess i am on wrong page will move to performance page

The one in-one out method has been used by quite a few and with seemingly good success. I'll caution you on two things:

1) Connecting rod strength-kaboom
    2) opening up a can of worms when removing injector lines-dirt and rust

I did not see where you were located.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Default Capb2

Located Owen Sound Ontario Canada . Glad I Pulled Heads Off Right Bank Head Gasket Leaking

Did you find a pile of rusty residue in the injector inlet bowls?
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Default cap b2

waiting for tool to pull injectors. right side gasket pitted and rusty around back right 2 cul. one cylinder surface rust on cyl.question when ordering head gaskets i have been told to check part number on gasket i did they are both different .right side #5600 left side #5630 is that normal

Default rusty residue

found residue in 3 injector cups and oil in 1 / heads have been redone at machine shop . new cups .10 thous taken off heads new intake guides and valve reground. glad the heads came off .parts are in ready to put it all back together.memory is not what it use to be . should be interesting getting it back together been a month since we took it apart.