Thread: Non turbo pumps

I have a 94' K2500 with the DS4 Stanadyne pump. Will a non turbo pump work (off a 96' 6.5)on a turbo driven truck? Can the non turbo pump be modified to work? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MBoyd
    mboyd6.5TD
    94' K2500 4x4
    JK's FSD Cooler & harness
    97 HO Cooling Mods with dual Robert Shaw stats
    And some other stuff.

This is probably a DB2 5088 pump. For turbo use, have a Stanadyne dealer rebuild it to 4911 specs. It's real easy for them. You can convert to the mechanical DB2 pump. If you have a manual trans, it's not too bad. There is a bit more than just changing the pump, but not beyond the average home mechanic. If you have an automatic, well there is a lot more. The pump is the least of your worries.
    In a nutshell, besides the pump you will need a new set of fuel injector lines from a 6.2 or non electronic pump 6.5. DS4 lines won't fit. If you can get the lines from the 96 engine, they are the ones you need. You also need an HPCA temp switch and of course the throttle pedal & cable. For boost control, get rid of your vacuum pump & stock controller and get a Bill Heath Turbomaster. There is more, but that will get you started. I see you have the dual thermostats, you will have to modify the housing to clear the throttle cable.
    Bobbie Martin
    1995 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 6.5 TD 2WD- DB2 mechanical fuel injection
    GEP Optimizer 6.53 Detroit Diesel Power
    6.53L, GEP Block & Heads, .020 over, ARP studs, DB2 Inj. pump, GM8 Turbo w/TurboMaster
    K47 Airbox with K&N filter, 3" mandrel bent exhaust, 2ΒΌ" Crossover, Mann ProVent
    HO Water Pump, Hayden "Truck Fan" Clutch, 21" 9 blade Duramax Fan

No PMD, APP, CDR, optical sensor or vacuum pump!
    Author of The DB2 Conversion Guide
    Click Here to Email Me