Thread: Gauge cluster

Default Gauge cluster

Where can I buy a gauge cluster for a 94 2500 4x4 pickup? Dealer wants $400 to swap old for new with them pre-setting the mileage. I've had this truck since new and last summer she got a freshen up for my son. Needless to say this truck WON'T be leaving the family so odometer doesn't mean a whole lot except I'd like to keep the old one for the wall of fame in the garage. Trip meter quit working several years ago and gauges bounce a lil and recently the fuel gauge is whacky. So back to original question, anywhere I can buy an OEM gauge cluster?
    TIA

Arrow

1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Thanks for the info.

I've bought several of them at yards for $30-40. Kindof a crapshoot whether or not they work though. There's also places around that will rebuild them. Seems like its around $100.

If they're the same as on my '93, buying a working used cluster should be fairly easy from e-bay for under $200. Just a bunch of dash torx head screws and the the cluster will pop out. Once it's out, you can remove a few more screws, pry it apart, and take out the odometer and replace it with yours.

I need to take mine back out and replace the trip odometer that I ruined while it was out. I was fiddling and POP, one of the plastic gears suddenly became 2 half moons of uselessness. I think I can plastic cement it back together and get it working, then reassemble it all again. I replaced mine to gain the tachometer, and hopefully a working trip odometer. I ALWAYS use my trip odometer to figure fuel mileage.
    1993 K3500 Cheyenne 6.2L HD C&C NV4500