Thread: No start situation

Default No start situation

1994 C1500 PU, Auto Trans with the 4.3L

Moved the truck out of the driveway. Hour later went to put it back...no start, not even the sound of the starter solenoid clicking. All accessories work, strong headlights, battery over 12v. I tried moving the shift selector and steering wheel, no luck.
    Reminds me of a bad neutral safety switch. Any ideas on where it is located on this truck? Can I verify whether it is bad or not? GM part number?

Thanks in advance.
    2002 D/A, Crew Cab S/B 4x4, Light Pewter Metalic, Built 10/12/01, Arrived 11/07/01, LineX, Husky Flaps, Husky floor liners, Lund hood protector, A.R.E. 'Z' Series cap, AutoMeter Boost and EGT gauges, Prodigy brake controller, Cougar 294rls. Member #5013

Turned out to be the starter. Simple R&R and done.
    2002 D/A, Crew Cab S/B 4x4, Light Pewter Metalic, Built 10/12/01, Arrived 11/07/01, LineX, Husky Flaps, Husky floor liners, Lund hood protector, A.R.E. 'Z' Series cap, AutoMeter Boost and EGT gauges, Prodigy brake controller, Cougar 294rls. Member #5013

I don't know how I missed your original thread, but I recently had the same thing happen. It was weird because sometimes it would work and sometimes... nothing. I figured the starter was toast (dead spot?) and then I took a better look at what looked like a tight starter cable connection to the battery. Turns out I could gently rotate the ring terminal by hand - it wasn't loose enough to be able to "rock" the ring terminal, just enough to rotate it. Tightened it up and all has been good.

Glad you got it figured out!
    1998 K2500 Suburban 6.5L TD 3.73 rear, Ron Schoolcraft 18:1, Kennedy ECM & IC, Timing gears, Splayed main caps, 3.5" Kennedy Exhuast/No Cat, K&N Filter, Boost/Tranny Temp/EGT(Pre Turbo), Ceramic-coated Manifolds, 195 Stat's, 265/75's (VSSB Adjusted) 7,000lbs (on a scale) Remote Mount Oil Filter, Remote Oil Pressure Sensor