Thread: Question about my front diff......

Question Question about my front diff......

My truck is a 91 GMC K2500, I have the front differential that has the half shafts...
    To lock the front in 4X4, there is a cly that from what I understand heats up and somehow locks the front axle in. It does work but it takes a little while for it to lock in, I have it wired to a toggle switch on the dash and not the stock switch.

The question is ... is there anyway to go a different route than the stock way, I mean is there anything that I could purchase that would work better than the stock cly thingy??
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook

There was a guy in Oregon that mad a manual pull handle to replace the cylinder. He also had just a rod with a set screw. Swore he han his locked all the time with no problems.

Sorry, don't remember the name of it. But it was a tee handle with a wire inside of a spiral wound cover like the controls on a lawn mower.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

Arrow

Later model servo/stepper motor lockers can be used. Some modification required, but not bad.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com