Thread: 1999 GMC K2500 6.5 Suburban

AKMark is offline Building another 6.2L powered vehicle

Default 1999 GMC K2500 6.5 Suburban

I have a good old 6.5 looking for a new home.

Just picked up a Duramax truck, so this one is ready for a new owner.

It's a base model, with cruise and power locks being the only options. The power locks work on 3 of the four front doors, and the rear one only works with a key. Barn door style. 4.10 gears so it'll pull anything.

I have a set of 285/75R16's under it, BFG A/T KO's with about 40% tread left. I will exchange them for a brand new set of 235/85R16's for a full price offer.

I also have a remote start I was planning on installing and can before it goes. It is fully winterized for Alaska winters and starts up fine even when the mercury is sitting at -65. Has a cold front to keep the heater working even when it's cold out there. There is no rear heat or A/C on this truck.

Here's the list of things that have been replaced or updated since 2006. (I got the truck from my best friend almost 3 years ago, he got it in 2006) It currently has 128K miles.

1. Brakes are new on all four corners in the last 5 months, including new rotors pads shoes, and turned the rear drums.
    2. Replaced both front wheel bearings this spring
    3. Replaced the tie rods this spring and had a good alignment done.
    4. Rebuilt the T-case 2 years ago
    5. New Front axle actuator 2 years ago
    6. New Injectors at 99K miles.
    7. New Class V hitch 1 year ago.
    8. New starter 2 years ago
    9. Pair of Optima red tops, 3 years ago
    10. New power steering pressure lines this winter
    11. New Alternator 2 years ago
    12. New water pump this winter
    13. Brand new quick heats 1 month ago
    14. Brand new lift pump 1 month ago, as well as fuel filter.

There's more I'm sure, but those are the biggies.

It has a relocated Standadyne PMD, and I wired a second glow plug selenoid, that can be activated by a dash switch. If ever it doesn't go, or you forget to start it right after the glow plug light goes out, you just press the button for seven seconds and go. Works great on those real cold days as well if it's not got all cylinders going when it's -65.

I'm asking $6500, it's located in North Pole, Alaska.

Want to see the AlCan highway? Buy this truck and drive it down before mid October, and see some of the most beautiful highway in the world.

Empty on the 285's, I get 18-19 mpg on the highway, 15-16 in town depending on how much I push on the skinny pedal. Pulling my K-5 on a trailer I usually get 12-14. Pulls with ease and goes great.

I can e-mail or text pictures, just let me know where to send them!

Thanks for looking!
    05 2500HD CC LB LLY, 4x4, 3.73s 235/85R16's, webasto cab heater, to keep it warm.
    03 Buick Rendezvous - When you average over 80 miles per day driving around, you need one of these.
    85 K-5, 6.2, SM465, Rockwell T221, 1 tons, 36's. More goodies to be installed as time and money allows.
    82 K20, 6.2, SM465, NP208, stock except for bed rack, snow plow, and glow plugs are on a toggle switch. It works great for plowing!
    72 Postal Jeep - Yet another project

Bumping her back up
    05 2500HD CC LB LLY, 4x4, 3.73s 235/85R16's, webasto cab heater, to keep it warm.
    03 Buick Rendezvous - When you average over 80 miles per day driving around, you need one of these.
    85 K-5, 6.2, SM465, Rockwell T221, 1 tons, 36's. More goodies to be installed as time and money allows.
    82 K20, 6.2, SM465, NP208, stock except for bed rack, snow plow, and glow plugs are on a toggle switch. It works great for plowing!

Hi there,
    I was up near your area back in August with the Military Vehicle Preservation Association Convoy.
    Have to agree with you about the scenery, definately world class scenery.

Jim
    Alberta, Canada

Still have this. Tags are still current and she runs great, just looking for a new home.