Thread: Glow plug question

Default Glow plug question

Hey to tdp new to the forum thing so bear with me had some question to my cold starting in the moring so i pull one of my glow plugs out to see witch number I have thinking maby a 7 or 12g and I have a ac plug but it has nothing matching the normal list I have ac delco 0 100 271 107 10.5v 843 under the threads of my glow plug anybody have a brake down for this ? Thanks

Welcome to TDP

The 60G is whats available now.

Good to have ya on board

Missy
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY

The plugs were new last year according to previous owner but iv changed a lot of parts I bought it also dident know what all the numbers ment and why 60g wasent on there ?

Unhappy

I don't think I'm in the right forum Eather ..... For what I'm asking is this a bad thing ??

Quote Originally Posted by Newty View Post
    I don't think I'm in the right forum Eather ..... For what I'm asking is this a bad thing ??
    Normally, a thorough flogging is in order. We'll just move it to the correct forum instead, this time.... Great to have you aboard!
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Hey to tdp new to the forum thing so bear with me had some question to my cold starting in the moring so i pull one of my glow plugs out to see witch number I have thinking maby a 7 or 12g and I have a ac plug but it has nothing matching the normal list I have ac delco 0 100 271 107 10.5v 843 under the threads of my glow plug anybody have a brake down for this ? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DmaxMaverick View Post
    Normally, a thorough flogging is in order.
    The same flogging is generally used for run-on sentences, as well.

But, yes, AC Delco 60g's are generally standard practice for replacements.

Do you know how to test plugs for "general" health?

EDIT: Oh, I did a couple quick google searches for the numbers you posted. Some of the results seem to indicate that they might be 60g's, others say no. But, you gotta take all that with a grain of salt since you never quite know what to expect on the internet. Best bet might be to call a local GM dealer.
    Last edited by DennisG01; 08-30-2012 at 09:25.
    1998 K2500 Suburban 6.5L TD 3.73 rear, Ron Schoolcraft 18:1, Kennedy ECM & IC, Timing gears, Splayed main caps, 3.5" Kennedy Exhuast/No Cat, K&N Filter, Boost/Tranny Temp/EGT(Pre Turbo), Ceramic-coated Manifolds, 195 Stat's, 265/75's (VSSB Adjusted) 7,000lbs (on a scale) Remote Mount Oil Filter, Remote Oil Pressure Sensor

Well i am familler with Testing of the glow plugs and related items . But always up for new methods tell me what your test method is .... Oh and can someone explain flogging I'm thinking of something way different they u guys are I'm shure . I shood of stated earlier in the post I'm working with a 6.2 n/a gm not the later 6.5 so I'm probly in the market for another move and a multiple flogging!!!! Again lol

Arrow

Well i am familler with Testing of the glow plugs and related items . But always up for new methods tell me what your test method is .... Oh and can someone explain flogging I'm thinking of something way different they u guys are I'm shure . I shood of stated earlier in the post I'm working with a 6.2 n/a gm not the later 6.5 so I'm probly in the market for another move and a multiple flogging!!!! Again lol
    Well, your questions, and the replies, can apply equally to either, so you get a pass.... Again! Drat! We haven't had a good ol' flogging in a while....
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

I won't go into too much detail now, unless you'd like more info - it sounds like you probably have a good idea of how to test.

But, two of the more common ways are using a test light to the spade or a ohm meter between the spade and casing (look for approx .8 to 1.4 ohms... NOT "K" ohms).

flogging, also called whipping or caning, a beating administered with a whip or rod, with blows commonly directed to the person’s back.

1998 K2500 Suburban 6.5L TD 3.73 rear, Ron Schoolcraft 18:1, Kennedy ECM & IC, Timing gears, Splayed main caps, 3.5" Kennedy Exhuast/No Cat, K&N Filter, Boost/Tranny Temp/EGT(Pre Turbo), Ceramic-coated Manifolds, 195 Stat's, 265/75's (VSSB Adjusted) 7,000lbs (on a scale) Remote Mount Oil Filter, Remote Oil Pressure Sensor