Thread: HELP lighting issues

Default HELP lighting issues

My 98 gmc c2500 vin F is having some issues with brake/turn lamps. Both front turn signals work, and both rears work. When signaling right the lights flash fast like I've got a bad bulb. They flash normal when I turn hazards. Left brake light does not work but right does. Also right front headlight works intermittently.

I have changed all bulbs and both tail light circuit boards. I swapped known good brakelight switch with no change. I have checked connectors and applied dielectric grease to bulbs and connector contacts. I know both circuit boards are good I swapped sides and the problem did not change. I feel like it may be the turn signal/multifunction switch but hate to spend almost $200 on it to find out. Does anyone have any tips or suggestions as to what the heck I should do at this point? Any input is appreciated.

Will
    1996 GMC Suburban, 6.5 TD, 4L80E, 3.73 Full floating limited slip rear end, 285/75R16E Dayton Timberline ATII's.

Well, since you are in a wet climate, I would be checking all of my ground connections. Just costs a little time not hard dollars.
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government."
    -Patrick Henry

A5150nut
    2006 K3500 D/A
    94 6.5 4x4 5spd Sold

Default grounds

I did go through and clean/check all grounds. The tail lights all work off the one ground on the driver side frame rail behind the rear bumper correct? Seems like if any tail light was working that would mean the tail lights have connection with ground.
    1996 GMC Suburban, 6.5 TD, 4L80E, 3.73 Full floating limited slip rear end, 285/75R16E Dayton Timberline ATII's.