Thread: door latch

Default door latch

Ok long time member here, dont post much signed up when i acquired my brand new 2001 2500hd .

my drivers door latch has broken a spring and no longer will close, I took it out and she a goner . called the dealer and the wont 250 plus and it seems very hard to find one used.

any help would be greatly appreciated. its a extended cab power with remote.

Just to confirm its the actual latch with the actuators on it , not the handles/

Arrow

If you don't find one at a recycler, you're stuck with the dealer, www.gmpartsdirect.com , or another wholesale supplier. It helps if you have the part number.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

no part number on the latch just the actuators

Arrow

Part # 15110643
    (Latch "Lock Assy"], front/left door, with power locks, with keyless entry)

www.gmpartsdirect.com shows it available, $147.55. (retail shows $241.10) It was the least expensive I could find (by $30-40), but their shipping can be ridiculous, sometimes. If you order with them (or any other), verify the part by your VIN. Nearly every truck configuration has a different part number for this model.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

thanks, wish i could find a picture of it due to its many different configurations, i have not found one that looks like the one i took out. I may go to the dealer who claims they have one and check it and snag the part #...........