Thread: 94 OBD scan tool??

Question

I have a laptop-based solution for OBDII but am having trouble finding an OBD 1 scanner.

Does anyone have a recommendation for an OBD scan tool that will work with the 1994 L65 code? I would like more than just read only functionality and data logging.

Any advice/experiences welcome.
    1994 K2500 Suburban - Max-E-Tork, Turbo Master, PMD, exhaust, GM8, guages, etc...

From Seattle and have 95 C3500 flatbed Dual 6.5TD. Interested in your laptop solution and find someone else that is local to bounce ideas, vendors, upgrades off of!
    1995 C3500 DRW Extended Cab with custom flatbed....manual transmission, Heath Turbo-Master, Max-E-Tork, battery terminal mods, airbox mod, Luk HD clutch.

I use Alex Peppers setup. I am fairly happy with it. Bought it when I had a WRX. Have used it since to measure ignition curves, reset codes etc.
    Web site is www.obd-2.com

I am also interested in chatting with other 6.5 owners. I think JeepSJ is also a Seattleite. You can email me at eric at renegades dot com.
    1994 K2500 Suburban - Max-E-Tork, Turbo Master, PMD, exhaust, GM8, guages, etc...

gmctd Guest

I noticed that Peper OBD-II setup has a listing for L65 Diesel - is it bi-directional, for setting injection pump timing?

Not sure if the software can be used to set timing. Best to contact Alex through his website.

I bought my setup through a Subaru enthusiast group buy. He customized the code for our cars. He might be willing to do the same for us. Worth an email…

Does anyone have a recommendation for a Non-OBD2 scanner? Hardware or software?

tom.mcinerney Guest

MrE: give an email to John at KennedyDiesel{TDP advertiser}. He's done quite a bit of work in that direction....