Thread: Cowl induction ?

I don't know if anyone here runs a cowl induction hood or not. I'm considering one to give me a little extra room with a custom intake/IC install. My ? is, is there a problem running that style hood in bad weather? Mainly heavy rain or snow being sucked into the engine compartment.

I'm also considering an actual hood scoop setup for intake air. I'm more inclined to use a scoop for a couple reasons, 1 I think it would look sweet and 2, I can use a secondary intake inside the engine compartment during bad weather to bypass water/snow gettings sucked in.

thanks for any input
    \'93 6.5<br />Home made boost controller<br />80,000 RMP (Rabid Muskrat Power)

catmandoo Guest

i have a keystone 2 scoop ram-air hood on my 92 that looks similar to the old 70 442 w-30 oldsmobiles,it empties out on the pass sideright behind the battery,where i just happen to have my airfilter off my banks setting,i just need to make an air box to enclose it and i'm good to go ,and come winter i just pull the hood and put my regular one back on.and it can suck good air from the hole in the fender,