Thread: H&S Tuner on my 2013 Duramax

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default H&S Tuner on my 2013 Duramax

Finally got my tuner installed today. Started truck and first thing coming up is that Im out of DEF (installed without the DPF delete). Quick phone call to H&S solves problem with a file sent to me, but after the new file is installed now the cruise works intermittently and will just drop off after 10-20 miles. I installed without removing speed limiter as it told me if I use my cruise wouldnt work but it doesn't work anyways correctly.

Did a fuel mileage run on a 30mile trip that I do 3-4 times a week so have a pretty good indication of what it used to be. Driving 60 miles an hour and using cruise when I can and reset mileage in truck (which has been very close everytime I checked it so far). Looks like at HWY speed Im losing 2-3miles per gallon of fuel economy when driving as nice as possible, I can imagine how much I would lose if pushing it hard.

Was a little disappointed n this as I thought driving nice I should keep the fuel economy the same or slightly better.

Lastly I noticed there is no where to change settings for metric to imperial measurements. While I realize this isnt a big deal but Im in Canada and young enough that I don't know Fahrenheit and miles per hour.

As of now I have uninstalled the tuner and am quite disapponted in it.

My final question is has anybody used this to run the DPF delete tune yet and can anyone verify the fuel mileage gains of 3-8 miles per gallon I have read about. I bought this tuner hoping to get a small amount of power and decent fuel economy and not sure Im going to get it now.

Any feedback would be appreciated

I've tested with poor results myself. I felt that it "overshifted" and got ahead of itself. Performance gains difficult to measure, maybe worse. The DIC fuel usage is actually skewed the opposite direction in that it says I used more than I did.

To me this reeks of someone poking around in the dark without properly documented tables.

Some day the tuning software will be completed and available and I'll start tuning and testing on my own truck. Until then I don't trust anything on the market.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    I've tested with poor results myself. I felt that it "overshifted" and got ahead of itself. Performance gains difficult to measure, maybe worse. The DIC fuel usage is actually skewed the opposite direction in that it says I used more than I did.

To me this reeks of someone poking around in the dark without properly documented tables.

Some day the tuning software will be completed and available and I'll start tuning and testing on my own truck. Until then I don't trust anything on the market.

Keep me updated