Thread: Limp mode after a long tow 2008 Duramax

Default Limp mode after a long tow 2008 Duramax

I just returned from a 3 hour trip home from Rapid City after limp mode occurred. I thought that the DPF would regen but it stayed in limp the entire trip. Could I have ruined the DPF or could it be some other code. I towed a 5th wheel up to Rapid so it did not get a chance to regen and then we did some driving around but not enough to regen. I will try to get a code in the morning and the dealership. The engine light is on and I am taking it in to the GMC dealer in the morning for a service.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Last edited by Tractorhauler; 06-27-2013 at 21:48.
    2007.5 GMC SLE 2500 HD LMM **SOLD**
    Owned 2006 GMC Sierra CC LLY/LBZ *2 not a D in SN* 214K Purchased 3/2010
    CC/SB/4x4 Summit White
    Owned a 2002 GMC CC LB7 CC sold with 135K
    Now 2015 GMC Crew Cab Duramax/Allison
    Custom Tool box

If you've got the heat and 120k+ on the clock I'd be looking for a P0087 code.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Quote Originally Posted by Tractorhauler View Post
    I just returned from a 3 hour trip home from Rapid City after limp mode occurred. I thought that the DPF would regen but it stayed in limp the entire trip. Could I have ruined the DPF or could it be some other code. I towed a 5th wheel up to Rapid so it did not get a chance to regen and then we did some driving around but not enough to regen. I will try to get a code in the morning and the dealership. The engine light is on and I am taking it in to the GMC dealer in the morning for a service.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Hey Mark,

What happened at the dealership today? If there is something I can do please let me know. Private message me with more details and I will be happy to look into it for you.

Kelly J.
    GM Customer Care
    For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

Default Dealership

Well the dealership said the code showed a Air Flow sensor issue. Why, you may ask. We had air bags, compressor and a wireless controller installed yesterday in Rapid City. The tech who installed it had removed the MAF fuse and forgot to put it back when he was connecting the compressor. Problem solved, and the tech up in Rapid is paying for my charges down here in Nebraska. Thanks for the help.
    Mark
    CC/SB/4x4 Summit White
    Custom Tool box

Quote Originally Posted by Tractorhauler View Post
    Well the dealership said the code showed a Air Flow sensor issue. Why, you may ask. We had air bags, compressor and a wireless controller installed yesterday in Rapid City. The tech who installed it had removed the MAF fuse and forgot to put it back when he was connecting the compressor. Problem solved, and the tech up in Rapid is paying for my charges down here in Nebraska. Thanks for the help.
    Mark
    Hey Mark,

I am so glad it got taken care of and was an "easy" fix. I am also pretty pumped that they took responsibility for it and you did not get charged. That is the way it should be

Kelly J.
    GM Customer Care
    For information on the GM Privacy Statement, please visit http://www.gm.com/privacy-statement.html.

I was not aware that the MAF sensor had it's own fuse. Also not sure why a guy would have it out in the first place?
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

I tried to call to talk to the tech and he was out. I will speak with him this Friday hopefully
    CC/SB/4x4 Summit White
    Custom Tool box