Hi, I own a 1995 Chevy Suburban 1500 4WD. It currently has a rebuilt 350 that is more or less stock. However, one of the main uses for this truck at this point is towing and it is really frustrating. It only gets about 11 MPG and honestly lacks the towing power that I would like to have. I don't have any experience with diesel engines/swaps to diesel engines, but I am interested if you all can help me determine the pros/cons of the swap. I know the basics like motor mount adapters and modifications to the crossmember to accommodate the Allison transmission. However, I am not sure how intensive this swap is, how much money its going to cost, etc. I am curious to know if anyone has done this swap to a similar era truck? Is there another swap option that may be better for my needs? My end goal is 20MPG or over (I saw a 4bt swap that got 26, so I figure 20 is reasonable), and also around 550-600 ft/lbs of torque minimum. I know that this will tow whatever I want, as well as giving me the ability to drive the truck more in general. Any thoughts or details from personal experience are greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Beau