Quote Originally Posted by DmaxMaverick View Post
I read that early on, too. Nothing Italian, anywhere, now. The VM Motori engine was used previously in some international markets, with less reported economy and power than now. Most of the available articles (online) are not very accurate, and outdated, most of them published around February, 2013, before they were in retail production. The Italian reference may be related to Fiat's relation to the engine manufacturer, as they own some of it. I'll look further into it as time goes by. If it's Italian branded and German built, they sure did a good job of hiding it. Components and covers are all labeled "GM", with origins of USA, Germany, and Canada (plastic). I'd expect to see some Mexico in there, somewhere, but not yet. The build sheet doesn't mention any percentage originating in Italy, either. I'll be smarter, later.
Its very possible with the game of musical corporations that VM is building this engine elsewhere in Europe but VM Motori is a very old and respectable Italian engine manufacturer. Very big in the large industrial engine sector. The 4 cylinder version has been used for years in MoPar products in Europe (Caravan, Jeep, etc.).

Bill