Thread: Adding Power Heated Mirrors to Non-Power Mirror Truck - Wiring?

Question Adding Power Heated Mirrors to Non-Power Mirror Truck - Wiring?

I have the mirrors pictured below and plan on installing them on my 98 K3500 Ext Cab Dually. The mirrors were listed for 99-02 but they dry fit just fine.

The problem is, my truck didn't have the power mirror option. I've also ordered and have the male metri-pack connectors that connect to the 8-way mirror connectors, and the mirror switch/door panel piece, and the harness connector for the switch. The harness connector to the switch is listed as part number PT709.

What I need is like a pinout diagram for the mirror switch so I know how to wire it. I've looked at just about every wiring diagram I culd find, but it doesn't tell me what pins are for what wires on the switch.

I may also need a pinout diagram for the connector on the mirrors (they are stock for the 99-02 trucks). I realize I'll have to manually wire up the heater wires, and that's fine - I can figure that out later.

I've seen various posts from people who have claimed to have wired a custom harness for these, like I want to do, but nobody explained how they did it.

I hve to say, though, that I've foud a great cheap place to buy all these wierd connectors and electrical parts from. It's a site called Mouser - http://www.mouser.com - just thought I'd pass that along in case it's of use to anybody out there.

I could really use some help with this, you know, locating pictures or diagrams or instructions of some sort. For those that have done it and don't post the instructions, if it's some sort of top-secret trade secret, I wouldn't be opposed to donating a small ampunt to bribe someone into doing soe espionage for me LMAO. Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Arrow

www.alldatadiy.com will have the electrical diagrams and pinnouts you need. They have a discount subscription going now until May 1st, use code "SPRINGDIY", 6 months or 2 year subscriptions ($6.95/$12.95). This is the full factory service manual, which also includes all TSB's (service bulletins and recalls). Highly recommended for any DIY'er.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

FWIW the heated feature ties to the rear defroster so that they are not constantly active.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Thanks everyone! I'll give that site a try today.

I knwe about the defroster/hheat thing but my truck doesn't have a rear defroster. I might add one though, at least that way I'll get the switch and timer relay in the kit that I would need anyway.

Well I think I got most of this figured out, but there's one thing that'spuzzling me. My new mirrors state that they are plug and play for 99's that have the same options.

I've looked at all the diagrams and even on RockAuto for the connectors that would be normally located on the door harness so that I can wire my own harness, but everything states that there should four wires for the directional movement of the motors, and two more wires for the heating element.

The mirrors only have five wires i the connector, whereas the diagrams show there should be six. On top of that, based on the diagrams, onn the passenger side there are two wires that tire into each other that are not tied together on the driver's side. At first I thought I was looking at a picture of the passenger side mirror connector and that the aftermarket manufacturer tied these wires together inside the harness or something, but that wasn't the case because both connectors have only five wires.

I've attached a picture of the mirror connector. Here are links to the diagrams in PDF (too big to upload, had to put them on my web server):

http://www.connectedperformancepc.co...ror-Switch.pdf
    http://www.connectedperformancepc.co...ror-Wiring.pdf
    http://www.connectedperformancepc.co...or-Circuit.pdf

Can anyone shed some light on this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files