Thread: 99 burb stall and no start

Default 99 burb stall and no start

So I am a bit confused with this issue. My truck started fine after a 9 day vacation. It ran fine for about 30 miles then stumbled and died. The dash lights all stay on so I don't think it is the ignition.

After the stall it will not start. I have replace the fuel filter, and confirmed there is fuel to the "t" valve. I have checked ground location and that the FSS clicks with the key turning on. The LP is pumping away also when the key is turned on.

I was able to get to started after cracking the #1 injector line to see if diesel was pumping the the engine is turning over. very little diesel came out, and the truck started after I reconnected the injector line. It then died again on the way to get some more diesel. I was able to restart by cracking the injector and reconnecting it.

Could this be an IP issue or fuel return blockage?
    Any advice would be great....
    Judotrip

1999/2000 K2500 Burb

That sounds exactly like mine,when it had a rusty fuel line. When you bled the fuel filter, could you bleed it until clear fuel flowed?
    94 Chev Blazer, 6.5TD, 3.42, 4WD,Gear drive,,Remote FSD behind drivers headlight,,Mobil 1 in difs and trans,Rotella 30W, Over a quarter of a million miles !! Member -1.94 club.

The fuel looks pretty clear coming out of the "t" valve.
    I wonder how much.diesel should.come out of the injector line. Especially when.they alway warn people to.wear saftey glassed when working with the pump.
    Judotrip

1999/2000 K2500 Burb

The air bleeder for the fuel filter not the valve for the filter drain. It has

a knurled black plastic body about 1 1/2" in diameter,on top of the fuel filter.
    94 Chev Blazer, 6.5TD, 3.42, 4WD,Gear drive,,Remote FSD behind drivers headlight,,Mobil 1 in difs and trans,Rotella 30W, Over a quarter of a million miles !! Member -1.94 club.

I'll check that tonight. I had just opened it briefly to confirm pressure to the filter but didn't drain enough to see.
    Judotrip

1999/2000 K2500 Burb

Back up an running.. So I believe I had air fuel lines after it had sat so long. I put a clear line in for the fuel return out of the pump. Now I can see what the if there is air in the system.

On top of that I replace the vacuum pump and the beast has arisen!!!
    Thanks
    Judotrip

1999/2000 K2500 Burb