Thread: 95 6.5 turbo diesel alternator bracket

Default 95 6.5 turbo diesel alternator bracket

Hi my name is Nick I've recently purchased a 95 GMC suburban K 1500 6.5 turbo Diesel when I bought the truck everything ran fine. It developed a squeak in the serpentine belt so I replaced it and the belt would not stay on so I replaced the tension pulley it did not seem to help matters I did notice that the alternator bracket looked homemade. I did some adjusting to offset the alternator and it seems to hold the belt for now I want to replace the alternator bracket to factory and possibly replace the alternator not sure if it is the right one. I cannot seem to find the brackets that I need I have pictures of what it's supposed to look like but I cannot find the brackets. Also I'm not positive that this is the year for this motor. Seller will not answer any questions. I've attached two pictures of what I believe is the proper bracket but I also need the bracket that holds tention pulley. Looks like it should be 3 brackets altogether
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hello and welcome to TDP

Your first picture shows the tensioner, the heavy cast bracket that holds the alternator and the stamped sheet metal support bracket (over the front of valve cover) and the engine lift eye.

The sheet metal bracket by the VC stabilizes the alternator.
    Be sure all the parts including the lift bracket are assembled in the set.

These parts all comprise the LH accessory mounting bracket.

The 94-95 trucks used this style with the alternator on the left side of the engine.

Later trucks used a different bracket set as the alternator was moved to the RH side and the AC pump was moved up to the LH upper area.

The piccy's you posted are of the "Right stuff"

Another thing to check is the rubber mounted crank pulley that drives the serp belt.
    Make real sure that the outer rim of the pulley is not loose on it's inner drive hub.

Run the engine and make sure the crank pulley does not wobble.

Hope this helps

Robyn
    Last edited by Robyn; 03-05-2016 at 07:43.
    (1) 1995 Suburban 2500 4x4
    (1) 1997 Astro
    (1) 2005 Suburban (Papa Smurf)
    THIS IS BOW TIE COUNTRY