Thread: 94 lb7 K1500 conversion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by trbankii View Post
    Honestly, by the time you fabricate all the brackets for the engine and drivetrain and swap everything over, splicing the frame and some cab mounts seems like small potatoes...

I seemed to recall the same. I know Jim did on the Duramax Diesel Power Project. It seems like if you used the original gauges, they’d have to be using engine sensors instead of going through the ECU.

I'll have to do some more research!
    seems like anything obdii would be easier to work with than my current set up.

We got the engine in today for the second time (rough fit).
    I cut out the tunnel and that helped a lot with getting the engine and trans in and out.

We also broke the cab mounts loose and put 4x4 blocks between the mounts to get an extra 4 inches.
    I didn't want to do a body lift, but I'm just fighting against myself if I don't.
    The engine sits really high, with the engine sitting about where it will mounted (level) I have 7+ inches of space between the transmission and the crossmembers where it will mount.
    Not sure what to do here.. Or if it's okay to have that much room in between.
    I think the hood will still close.. But we will see.

We're going to weld the bottom engine mounts from the 3/4 ton onto the half ton frame.

I called and searched everywhere I could find with no luck of finding conversion engine mounts.

Pics included
    Attached Images Attached Images
    -94 K1500 lb7 swap
    -06 Cl55 AMG Mercedes Benz @ 12.3 seconds
    -04 E55 AMG Mercedes Benz
    -08 f150