Hello all,
I was here about a year ago getting alot of great help in my 6.2 to a 6.5 swap in a '85 K30. That project turned out great thanks to all your help. I'm back with a brand new problem... A few months ago I installed a 6" lift, with a crossover steering kit from ORD and a brand new steering box from ORD. When doing this I put on longer brake lines to the wheels and replaced some brake line tubing for the rear brakes. I bled out the system and every thing was working well, until a few days ago. I took the truck out and the brakes were real soft and pumping the brakes would not build pressure, so I turned it around and brought it home. Went out this morning to bleed the brakes and found that with the truck turned off, when pumping the brakes, power steering fluid was coming out of the power steering reservoir cap. Brake fluid level was not dropping noticably. I had checked my power steering fluid before I started this and it was sitting just a touch over the "full cold" mark. Shortly after the engine swap I had the brake system flushed, It's a brand new power steering pump from the engine swap. Maybe 3000 miles on it at this point. Any thoughts on what is causing this would be appreciated.