Thread: LMM Will Not Regen

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default LMM Will Not Regen

Hi,

2009 LMM with about 128,000 miles on it. Past problems with dreaded P0087 code seem to have been cured by a mild ECM change and lift pump from John Kennedy.

I am now in Texas, having been towing my 12,000 pound fiver from Illinois in temps reaching 105 degrees. But my regeneration has gone haywire.

First, it went 750 miles without regenerating, and was stuck at 34 grams of soot. So I used my Edge Insight CTS2 to command a regen. No problem. Then, the next day, it built up to 34 grams again very quickly and stayed there. I tried a manual regen that evening, and it would not do it. Twice.

Today, I got to a total of about 750 miles stuck at 34 grams, stopped for the day, and when I restarted it in the campground, it gave me a dash message about servicing the exhaust filter, and the Edge showed 43 grams of soot -- the trigger amount as I understand it.

Tried a manual regen, it ran about 10 minutes, dropped the soot to 38, and stopped. A second attempt did not work at all. Two road runs without the trailer failed to start a passive regen, and soot stayed at 38.

I am at a loss to know what to do, and hope the expertise here can get me straightened out.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by richp; 07-22-2018 at 17:32.
    Rich Phillips
    Member #27
    2019 K-2500 Crew Cab Z71
    Cedar Creek Silverback 33RL Fifth Wheel
    In The Past: '82 6.2 Jimmy Blazer, '93 6.5 GMC K-2500, '01 DMAX K-2500, '09 DMAX K-2500