soooooo... im having a problem with my 6.5 not starting. fim is fine, probably the fuel injection pump, but im trying to do some real diagnosis to see what's going on with my truck and cant even comunicate with the ecm. i can comunicate with the abs module, but that's it. i did some pin outs to the pcm and checked continuity to the pcm for the dlc connector and there is continuity to each part, and the ecm, not even .01 resistance. then checked the 2 grounds in the ecm's connector and there's 3ohms of resistance in both.

tried using another ecm from another truck of the same year, but 4x4 and the truck was just freaking out. dont know if it was simply because the batteries were dead, or it really isnt compatible with my vehicle(4x2), but it still wouldn't communicate with the ecm(scan tool-snap on), and would only communicate with the abs module.

im trying to get some advice from someone that knows the direction of testing, or physically looking at this thing. i've no problem chasing every wire if i have to but i'd rather not do that blindly. same with diagnosing my truck. i really want to be able to see what's happening in my truck on a scan tool. i have an idea that i need to chase down why i have the 3ohms of resistance in the grounds, as the ecm for signal references uses only 5v reference signals, and wouldn't hardly be able to provide any signal what so ever. but im unsure, and would like someone's imput on this.