Yesterday after dropping down Teton Pass I got the Coolant Level Low message on the DIC. hmm... Got home (5 miles later) with no high temperatures, and gave the expansion tank a good long drink - it took almost a half gallon to satisfy the D-Max's thirst. hmmm.
Today, after dropping down Teton Pass I got the same message. Ok, there's a problem. Got home again with no issue other than the message, and peeked under her skirt to see that there was orange cool aide everywhere on the driver's side. Immediately jumped to Water Pump Failure, and began to steel myself for the upcoming 9 hour project.

Tore into the easy stuff this evening (remove the radiator shroud, ECM/TCM, move the A/C compressor, and pull the lower splash shield) and got a close look at the weep hole on the pump. It appears clean. Stuffed a q-tip up the hole, and it came out clean and white, with the exception of a bit of black road grime. Hmmmm. The point at which the lower radiator hose clamps on to the pump inlet is a mess though. What're the odds I just need a new lower radiator hose?

I'm going to source a cooling system pressure tester tomorrow and see what that tells me, but what do y'all think given the above info and this pic that I'll try to upload in a moment?