Thread: LB7 idle and cold start issues

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by TILMSTR View Post
    Thanks for the reply John. I'm under the same thoughts on the pump. I've already contacted my vendor to see what we can do. At the very least I'd like to swap out the FPR to see if it makes a difference since none of these issue were present before the swap.

IF, I have to swap this out, Is the new Bosch pump available? I see you have it listed on your site.

Thanks!
    if we don't have one on the shelf I'm sure I can get one shipped direct. If your supplier is in state (FL) I have VERY high suspicions. I have never seen a Bosch regulator bad from new so I would consider not wasting my time swapping it.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

TILMSTR is offline Formally "oneton" in a previous life on here. :-)

Ok, I think may have be unclear trying to respond before having to get out the door. I was talking about swapping out the entire pump again. That was my question, if you had a new pump in stock. My concern is that if I do anything to this pump, including just swapping out the FPR, that it will void my warranty. Just waiting on them to respond now. Thanks!!

Did you ever get anywhere with the current pump?

We have LBZ/LMM pumps in stock and LB7 are easily obtainable as well.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

TILMSTR is offline Formally "oneton" in a previous life on here. :-)

Hi John, the cold start issue has seemed to resolved itself but I still have a lopey idle and it's worse on colder days. I gotta say though; the pump itself has gotten my towing issue and throttle response back to where it was from the start. Now if I can just get the idle issue worked out I'd be happy, I've just been too busy to deal with it at the moment, and will definitely order a new pump from you if I end up sending this one back.