Quote Originally Posted by Vetman7 View Post
I finished the new SAC00 injector installation (after all the above discussion several months ago) and now have 4000 miles on the new injectors. Initially, all of the balance rates were -0.5 to +0.5, with one exception, Cyl #6, which came in at +3.7. Still, no reason to worry. Now, after 4k miles, I noticed a little extra diesel clatter around 1500 rpm, so decided to recheck balance rates. All were within the -4 to +4 mm3 guideline, except for Cyl #6, which is now at +14. I contacted the vendor of the injectors and they agreed to replace the one injector.

I have heard horror stories about injectors that are stuck open burning holes in pistons or trashing exhaust valves. Without pulling the head can I assess if there's been any damage?
Sure wasn't me

Quote Originally Posted by Vetman7 View Post
With an injector balance rate of +14, essentially the injector seems to be stuck open. But WHERE is the extra fuel going? No smoke at the tailpipe and no extra "volume" in the oil. Or does the injector have a high return rate, so the fuel is never making it into the engine?
A large positive balance rate indicates a cylinder that is not contributing so the ECM is trying to compensate by adding fuel.

These injectors just aren't bad when proper install is followed.