Thread: Crank but no start

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

On the crank no start issue it sounds like injectors are getting tired. 30-45 minutes later it has cooled.
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Arrow

Can you pump the fuel filter priming pump to remove air after the engine/truck has sat for a while (i.e. an hour - overnight)?

This will tell you whether air is able to enter the fuel supply. Jim

I removed the edge afew days before it stoped running. I haven't been able to start it sence 05/22/19 and the priming pump is still as hard as a rock. But I do not have hardly any pressure at the fuel rail shraider valve unless I have my lift pump running.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by 2001gmc36 View Post
    I removed the edge afew days before it stoped running. I haven't been able to start it sence 05/22/19 and the priming pump is still as hard as a rock. But I do not have hardly any pressure at the fuel rail shraider valve unless I have my lift pump running.
    There should be a slightly negative pressure (vacuum) at the Shrader valve with the engine idling - assuming no lift pump.

The following link will provide information for what are normal pressures/vacuum at the Shrader. https://www.thedieselpage.com/review...elpressure.htm

Jim

Default Connector pins

When I removed my edge (weird problems) I had to reseat some of the pins in the connectors. Apparently they can back out enough to cause your type of problem.
    WAM, 2500HD D/A ext cab 4X4, 1997 Suburban 6.5TD K-1500.

I hate to recommend an ether start, but sometimes that is what it takes. Very sparingly give it a little sniff while someone cranks it and see if it goes. If it goes we are back to injectors...
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!