Hi,

Notwithstanding my happiness with my current truck, at 140,000 miles I have developed a few questions/concerns about future long distance towing.

The engine is solid, body decent, new drive shaft and u joints, new alternator, one new half shaft, new shocks and tires and brakes, all fluids serviced regularly, solid Kennedy mofifications via lift pump and mild ECM changes. It is set up the way i like, and there is no reason to think anything is going to grenade on me.

But making long trips towing introduces a bit of complexity if you break down. And aside from dealing with a tow for two vehicles, there is the element of "what if the nearest Chevy dealer or trustworthy diesel shop (and how do you know it is, anyway?) is 100 miles away?" Will my Allison have to be shipped off 500 miles to get rebuilt and how long will I be stranded?

So I am vaguely thinking about a new truck and have a few questions. My dealer tells me the 2020 trucks will have a new body style, but still use the same power train

Those of you with a 2019, what kind of fuel economy are you getting? Is your DEF system any real trouble and how often do you refill? Is there a port from the factory for a pyro or do you have to have one drilled out yourself? Any comments about the exhaust brake?

Finally, understanding individual travel stress tolerances vary, any other comments about the reliability issue would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.