I,ve been away from home working for a couple of months, as usual the list of problems to fix when i got home was getting long.
Our 1999 C2500 burb was running rough, low power,. Hard starts.
So like any well trained 6.5 owner the first thing i did was swap on another one of my new pmd's... no change. Now i was convinced it was air in fuel problem. I hot wired lift pump, hose into buckets to drain out some of the 20 gals of fuel so dropping tank would be easier,.the line into the bucket was bubbling like a fish tank aerator! line cracked right at bend into the tank. So i epoxied a new pickup into the sending unit, added complete rubber 3/8 fuel line all the way to the cat filter i hung on the firewall then to th ip,. Then new rubber return line to the tank. Sat back smugly figuring i had cured my problems!
Well almost,.....wouldn't start after 3-4 hrs with out excessive cranking till it got fuel up,.
Turns out the lift pump was letting fuel siphon back to the pump,. And was barely making 3 psi,.
I ordered an airtex E8153 from amazon,. Opened the box and a generic no name fuel pump in the box,. Hooked it to a battery,..dead!!!
Bitched to amazon,. The next 2 they sent together in the same box. For a no name brand pump they are very good! Lots of suction, lots of pressure burb is very smooth now and starts easily again! Pump was 48.00 delivered.

We'll see how long it lasts,. But i do have a spare!! 😊Thanks amazon.