Greetings, this is my first post here!

Unfortunately, I'm not just here to say hello.

I just finished replacing the cylinder heads on my van, and took it for a spin.

I'm getting white smoke from the No. 4. cylinder. Loosening the fuel line to that cylinder nixes the smoke, so I know it is an issue causing the problem in that cylinder specifically. I suspect the line, as it did twist slightly when removing it from the engine. The injector was very loose in the head and wanted to turn with the line nut. I understand that the lines can "flake" internally when bent, so I suspect this is the cause of my smoke. I am getting diesel spray when I loosen the line. No issue besides the smoke, no abnormal crank times or rough running/skipping.

I'm planning on doing a compression test just to be sure, but I anticipate on replacing the line and either having the injector serviced or replaced as well.

This is an '88 Van. Most of the lines I see are 89 and up. According to accuratediesel.com, their kit can be used for the 82-88 engines with slight "tweaking" as the early style lines for those engines are no longer available. I am a bit hesitant about having to tweak stuff given the tight space in a van. They are in stock but I don't have the cash to drop for a complete set.

I found the individual line from hdiesel.com, but its on back order. That one is for an 88-93 and they do mention it can work on vans specifically with some tweaking, but nothing about early 88s. I believe 88 was a switchover year?

usdieselparts.com has the lines for an 89-96 in stock but they warn it won't fit on an 82-88, nor do they mention van applications which seem to be different.

If anyone on here has any advice on where I can find the number 4 line by itself for a 1988 van application I'd be much obliged. I would also appreciate guidance on if I should worry about truck vs van applications or 88 vs 88.5/89 applications.

In the mean time, I'll be sitting in the smoking section.

Thanks in advance.