not a new Member just haven't been on in 7 years. My 1996 Suburban K2500 6.5 has been having a weird intermittent starting issue for the last two years. truck has 200,000 miles on it, love that it is still made out of metal.
Sometimes I turn the key and I get nothing, no noise, no clicks just silence. I might Turn in 3 or 4 times real hard and it fires right up, like nothing happened. the problem might not show its face for a month or two than 3 times in a week and that 3 times in a day than disappear for a month or so.

Mechanics have replaced starters, glow plus, batteries, cables and injectors. I sent the starter back to mean green, they tested it, said it was fine and sent it back, I put that one in my 1983 6.2 banks turbo GMC jimmy, no problems.

I bought a brand new starter and the same issue persists. I bought a new engine and replaced all of the wiring harness, it still happens. I figure it must be a module or something in the column or the ignition? since I have basically replaced everything else. I have no idea, electricity makes my brain hurt.

I only use this truck for camping and hardware stores runs but I do love it and don't want to get rid of it. but I fear getting stranded some where in the back country. any help would be appreciated