Hello All - First time posting here, but I've found many pieces of advice on this website. Thank you to all of those who have posted useful information here!!!
My 2003 LB7 Duramax decided to cr@p out. The best guess is the pin on the timing gear has sheared off. Not sure what all the damage could be, but it has been recommended to replace the whole thing. The cost of tear down and not knowing what else can be wrong may not be worth the cost/effort. Okay, I'm starting to be convinced. However, in an effort to investigate all of my options, I was wondering what the truck would be worth as-is? (Nothern Colorado)
2003 LS Crew cab, grey, Dually, 230K miles. Great condition (other than not running now), I've always tried to take care of it (KB listed as $13K running). New bed sides since the last shop hit a pole backing out of the shop. Paint all in good condition. Injectors replaced ~15K ago.
Besides a junk yard, I'm not sure who would buy it now if I wanted to sell it without getting it running first.
I'm considering both of either the complete engine install or just the Long Block and use some of the existing parts. May use the injectors since they are still fairly new and the shop said they can test them.
Any thoughts or advice? Sorry if I'm vague, I don't want this to be too long.