Hi all,

I've got a short to ground in the 20A circuit feeding the dome lights, horn, radio and lighter. Started out as an occasional blown fuse then to a blown fuse a week (often come out in the morning and no lights on with door open) and now blowing immediately.

I've disconnected all the loads based (lights, radio, amp, steering column, horn relay et.) on my wiring diagram from the official service manual and tried running a breaker and short finder but nothing. Breaker will close and the short finder shows no amps flowing through the orange wire, or any where else for that matter so it seems to be the block.

I'm assuming now that it's in the fuse block and while I did take it out and clean it (greasy on the engine bay side but clean on the interior), I didn't actually pull out the orange wire that runs off that fuse. Question is, what can go wrong in a fuse block? I'm going to go through the wiring harness again this weekend and hopefully find something but it's been weeks of poking around under there and nothing so far. I'll also pull the block out as well and have another look but the first pass didn't show anything obvious, like burn marks, worn wires or cracks.

Any help would be appreciated since I would like a radio to keep my 3 y/o happy and some interior lights at night. Also don't want to set the truck on fire.

Thanks,
Jon