I drove 40 miles to meet some relatives for lunch. After lunch I started my truck and it ran for 3-4 seconds and died instantly. Would not start. Batteries new, fuel filter changed by me a couple thousand miles ago - Hmmmm! I raised the hood and pumped the fuel filter prime pump and it was soft. Pumped it up and walla instant restart. I was about 2 miles from a GMC dealer so off I went to Barkley GMC in Tuscaloosa, AL. This being Friday afternoon at 1:00pm'ish I didn't have much hope of anything happening, but I didn't want to drive back out in the boonies without a solution.

My hat is off to this dealership and Mike Dunn the service writer who got my truck in the shop quickly. The fuel filter housing check valve was not checking it seems. But then after 14 years and 211,000 miles I'm not too surprised and this is the original housing. 2 hours after I drove in I drove out with the part replaced. Remember I said this was a busy Friday afternoon. I know they had to have a technician available and also have the part, but they all jumped right on it and I was back home with no issues since.

Sometimes that black cloud isn't following me around.