Thread: Help,power steering flood !

Default Help,power steering flood !

Has any one come across, a power steering leak in your 6.5 ?
    94 Chev Blazer, 6.5TD, 3.42, 4WD,Gear drive,,Remote FSD behind drivers headlight,,Mobil 1 in difs and trans,Rotella 30W, Over a quarter of a million miles !! Member -1.94 club.

Lines do burst, their is a cooler for the p/s as well....
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook

Shaft seal started leaking on my pump. It was only 25 yrs. old. GM crap. No problem to replace the seal if you borrow the tool to pull the pulley from Autozone, etc.

Thanks for your replies!! It looks like the cover rusted thru in three pinholes along the bottom .I was only able to find it with dye, and yellow glasses. Has anyone repaird the cover with epoxy or solder? I tried epoxy along the bottom but the holes keep weeping fluid.
    94 Chev Blazer, 6.5TD, 3.42, 4WD,Gear drive,,Remote FSD behind drivers headlight,,Mobil 1 in difs and trans,Rotella 30W, Over a quarter of a million miles !! Member -1.94 club.

You can try and patch it, I would think a new one would last longer than a patched up rotten pump would...
    1993 Chevy K3500

owner - Twisted Steel Performance

porting, ceramic & powder coating

like us on Facebook

Default Flood continued:

Quote Originally Posted by sctrailrider View Post
    You can try and patch it, I would think a new one would last longer than a patched up rotten pump would...
    Now i see the replacement pump has only 2 places to connect the lines , where the original had 3. Do the 2 return lines get spliced together before they are fastened to the pump?

You got a pump for a gasser, which has vacuum brake assist and no need for the additional return port. The pumps may or may not be the same otherwise, so I'd be very cautious using it. The pump demand is significantly greater with brake assist and power steering, vs. power steering alone. Unless you can verify the pumps are the same, the replacement you have shouldn't be used, even if it fits perfectly. If they the same, the returns can be Tee'd. However, if it didn't come out of the box with that accommodation, I'd strongly suspect it is simply the wrong pump.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Quote Originally Posted by Warren96 View Post
    Thanks for your replies!! It looks like the cover rusted thru in three pinholes along the bottom .I was only able to find it with dye, and yellow glasses. Has anyone repaird the cover with epoxy or solder? I tried epoxy along the bottom but the holes keep weeping fluid.
    Now that the pump is on the bench i can see that the shaft is also leaking.I also verified with the store and the factory that it is made for my truck.I would like to thank everyone who was kind enough to offer suggestions, they where a BIG help.