Thread: Connector help.

Default Connector help.

Tried to attach a print of the wiring diagram for the HVAC on my '93 C2500. In it you can see connector C209 and what looks like two GM part nos. for each connector half. 12034481 and 12034482. Did a search and keep getting a msg. saying not a valid GM no. on the internet. This connector is buried behind the HVAC control panel and that panel kept blanking out and finally quit. Pin 150 carries all the ground current for the cont. panel and the blower motor and it had become contaminated with the green cancer and overheated. Melted a large hole right in the middle of the connector. I did a good repair on that wire and had to bypass that line away from the connector. I'd like to keep this good old truck in it's original condition as much as possible and was wondering if anyone knew of a source for GM connectors this old? I figure a junk yard part will likely be in similar 27 yr. old condition.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Unfortunately, when parts become obsolete, their part numbers do as well. Even if the parts are still in production and use for other applications and mfg's, the OEM part numbers are still almost useless.

Here's some info I found on the connectors by the part #:

https://www.parttarget.com/5935-01-5...4-55F07A019A9F

https://www.parttarget.com/5935-01-5...4-55f07a019a9f

From there, you may be able to locate the parts by the NSN. The links are to a supplier that may be able to source them, but you'll likely need to order a gross. I use them because they catalog the most complete part information and list many obsolete parts and part numbers no one else does, and often list other applications and mfg's that use(d) them.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

Was advised by another knowledgeable fellow that the connector that was burnt was only put in the harness so different HVAC, etc. options could be installed without GM putting in a new harness. I'm just going to put in good splices and heat shrink to bypass it. Thanks for the input on finding the parts.