Thread: 07 6.6 duramax starts and dies out

Default 07 6.6 duramax starts and dies out

I have a 07 duramax that made a "popping" or maybe a better description would be a muffeled backfire type noise going down the highway and died out. engine will restart a second or two and die out again. Hooked up a fuel vac gauge, normal reading. check for any leaks on supply side,none found. Tried starting engine while pumping primer, still died out. At times engine will run for a short time before stalling. Used a scan tool to watch fuel pressure, ramped fuel pres to max, pump produced and injectors held pressure. Engine runs and cranks smoothly when it will run. applied air pressure to fuel tank to check for leaks on supply side, none found. Used a pressurized fuel container and supplied fuel directly to injection pump, same stalling issue. Unhooked exhaust, no better. I should mentioned in the beginning no codes. Also tried everthing i could think of, pulling on harness, checked under hood fuse box for damage. Thanks in advance for any help.

Arrow

I should mentioned in the beginning no codes.
    What about now?

What about the batteries and their connections?

There are several switched connections in the ignition switch assembly. Normally, ignition switches last decades in a typical use, but a delivery vehicle that sees a lot more frequent off-on cycles can have a switch that simply wears out.

Jim