Thread: Lift Pump Threads

gvt Guest

Question

I'm adding a Racor fuel filter pre lift pump to my truck. Can anyone tell what the threads are on the fuel line at the inlet to the lift pump? Thanks

jspringator Guest

I avoided all of that by cutting out a section of metal fuel line BEFORE the lift pump and using double clamped rubber fuel line for connections both before and after the filter. I did not disturb the fuel line around the lift pump, and replaced the said pump at the same time I put in my filter.

Kennedy Guest

I have a few fittings made to fit into the AC Delco pump. Some adapt to 1/2" hose, and a few are 1/4" male NPT. The hose units look like this:

I also have them in 90

James and John,

Tell us more. Been thinking about the same project.

IIRC The Clevite Kid did something like this to his 6.2L '85? truck. His article is in the 2000 back issue. Maybe someone could look it up.

Save your old pump. It might have another life after you clean it out. Mine did.
    '94 Suburban 2500 6.5L 2WD Trailer RPO
    '89 Reg. Cab 2500 6.2L 2WD Manual 4sp
    '83 Suburban 1500 6.2L 4WD 700R4
    '83 Blazer 1500 6.2L 4WD 700R4
    Miscellaneous Gassers

gvt Guest

I was planning to just bend the existing fuel line away from the lift pump and use the existing fittings. Is the female thread on the inlet to the lift pump 1/2" NPT?

JK - Is that pump a direct replacement to the original lift pump? My existing lift pump has about 50K on it. It may be time to switch out and carry the old pump as a spare!

Thanks for the replies!

Kennedy Guest

That's the OE AC Delco pump. The fittings are custom made stainless steel, and use the correct "bump tube" or Oring boss type sealing.