So been along time since I have posted here so I'll get you all up to speed. 1984 k10 PO melted the fuse box and 90% of the wiring. I have since purchased an all American Auto Wire kit for my truck along with a Dakota digital dash with GPS. Kit is nice everything is labeled and modular. Engine harness is for a gasser shocker there, only thing I needed out of it was power to the fuse box and the starter/alternator wiring. So I have my glow plugs on a momentary switch. I have my cold start high idle also on a switch in the dash. no to my first question.

Originally the cold start coolant switch was located near the #8 cylinder pass side head. I would like to instead install it on the cross over plug. Is there any reason that I cant? So all I need to do is supply one side of it with keyed 12v from the dash switch then wire the other side to cold start advance and high idle solenoid correct? I have used the drivers side head location for my dash temp sensor. The only thing I see as a con on the cross over location is that its not really submerged in coolant so its not a real true reading.

My 6.2 is N/A and has the stock CDR location for a 1984 bracket over the alternator. I want to use a 7.3L CDR valve as I have a duel plane intake topped with a plastic Humvee intake tube. I made a custom intake adapter that turns the intake 90 deg so it fits my truck. The reason for the 7.3 CDR is I want to relocate the CDR away from the alt and mount it to the intake adapter. Any reason a 6.9/7.3 CRD wont work?

one last question the trucks got a th400 there is a bracket under the dash that has the kick down switch on it. I'm assuming that just gets wired to the trans some where and there also is a vacuum line to and from the the motor and trans. I'm confused as to what both are for?