Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Helpppp!!!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3

    Default Helpppp!!!

    So I have a question that I can’t find the answer to anywhere!! So over thanksgiving Break I am going to delete my truck 2019 Chevy 2500 L5P I have all the parts to do it so I’m good there, but do I have to No if, Ands, or buts about it - get a new ECM before I drive the truck or can I delete it continue to have the same ECM and then purchase a new ECM a little bit later..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    New Hampshire - Live Free or Die
    Posts
    5,681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonooooo View Post
    over thanksgiving Break I am going to delete my truck
    I think you need to clarify your question...
    "Need" - Wanting to get someone else's money.
    "Greed" (formerly meant what "need" means today) - wanting to keep your own.
    "Compassion" - a politician's willingness to arrange the transfer.
    -Joseph Sobran

    Current oil burners: MB 350SDL, Kubota 7510
    New ride: MB GLS450 - most stately
    Gone but not forgotten: '87 F350 7.3, '93 C2500 6.5, '95 K2500 6.5, '06 K2500HD 6.6

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    12,802

    Default

    The stock PCM will almost immediately start a progressive countdown of reduced power and speed, all the way to quit. This is an EPA mandate, and has nothing to do with functionality, but quit is quit. Oh, and it isn't lawful. However, this should not be a problem if you do, in fact, "delete" the truck.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - Fabulous car, no problems at all, but sold Nov. 2016 @ 55K miles.
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DmaxMaverick View Post
    The stock PCM will almost immediately start a progressive countdown of reduced power and speed, all the way to quit. This is an EPA mandate, and has nothing to do with functionality, but quit is quit. Oh, and it isn't lawful. However, this should not be a problem if you do, in fact, "delete" the truck.


    ya I’m not asking for permission I’m a grown man I’ll do what I want with my personal property if that’s what you were intending but just didn’t no if the truck would or wouldn’t start or drive if I didn’t quite have the tuned ecm

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Geneva, IL
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Hey Jason, as a new guy here, maybe you don't yet know that a highly experienced, unselfishly helpful guy just responded to you.

    No need to get heated up -- he was just trying to provide the information you asked for.
    Rich Phillips
    Member #27
    2019 K-2500 Crew Cab Z71
    Cedar Creek Silverback 33RL Fifth Wheel
    In The Past: '82 6.2 Jimmy Blazer, '93 6.5 GMC K-2500, '01 DMAX K-2500, '09 DMAX K-2500

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    12,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonooooo View Post
    ya I’m not asking for permission I’m a grown man I’ll do what I want with my personal property if that’s what you were intending but just didn’t no if the truck would or wouldn’t start or drive if I didn’t quite have the tuned ecm
    Asked and answered, no implications made. The balance of the reply was to make it clear, The Diesel Page doesn't support unlawful activity (which may be unlawful, in itself), and will advise such if we see that possibility here. What you do with your property is your business. Protecting The Diesel Page from possible legal jeopardy is my business.
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - Fabulous car, no problems at all, but sold Nov. 2016 @ 55K miles.
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DmaxMaverick View Post
    Asked and answered, no implications made. The balance of the reply was to make it clear, The Diesel Page doesn't support unlawful activity (which may be unlawful, in itself), and will advise such if we see that possibility here. What you do with your property is your business. Protecting The Diesel Page from possible legal jeopardy is my business.

    Sorry just frustrated and honestly I was at work an completely was it the wrong way I apologize sincerely I’m not a jackass just first time on the forum thing

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2001
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    12,802

    Default

    No worries. Welcome aboard!
    1985 Blazer 6.2
    2001 GMC 2500HD D/A
    2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel - Fabulous car, no problems at all, but sold Nov. 2016 @ 55K miles.
    dmaxmaverick@thedieselpage.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Loyal WI US
    Posts
    10,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasonooooo View Post
    So I have a question that I can’t find the answer to anywhere!! So over thanksgiving Break I am going to delete my truck 2019 Chevy 2500 L5P I have all the parts to do it so I’m good there, but do I have to No if, Ands, or buts about it - get a new ECM before I drive the truck or can I delete it continue to have the same ECM and then purchase a new ECM a little bit later..
    I would not recommend it. Tuning the L5P is a VERY invasive procedure that involves molesting the crap out of the ECM costing about $5k. It then uses second rate software and tunes are written by 3rd rate "tuners"
    Kennedy Diesel-owner
    More than just a salesman-I use and test the products that I sell on a daily basis!
    Superflow Lie Detector in house
    2002 Chev K2500HD D/A CC Long LT 11.77@ 124mph at 7700# fuel only-e.t. needs help
    2005 Chev K3500SRW D/A CC Long LT(SOLD)
    2007 Chev K2500 Classic EC Short LT (Sold)
    2012 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC Long LTZ Happy Birthday to me! Built 1 working day after my birthday and delivered 7 days later.
    2016 GMC K3500SRW D/A CC short LTZ

    Custom tuning in house using EFI Live tuning software!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •