Ok i know that there are several forums on priming a 6.e liter diesel. I have an 83 k20. The day before thsnksgiving my fuel tank selector switch malfunctioned and switched to my empty tank. So i did the rule number one on not to do with diesels, i ran it out of diesel. I got towed to gas station and when trying to start it after getting diesel in it my starter bolt sheered off. Got a new starter thinking that it was a bad starter because of the god awful noise it made, only to have the new starter make the same noise. Figured out that the old bolt wasnt all the way out and it wasnt fitting in properly. Got the starter fixed and went to try and start it and my batteries died. So i put it on the charger. Get back from letting it charge for awhile and go ro turn it over and i have zero power. No lights no nothing. My dad took jumper cables and put one cable to the positive battery and the other to two wires with posts on the fire wall and power comes back on. Im a disabled army vet that is absolutely a terrible mechanic. Army taught me how to shoot a rifle not work on vehichles unfortunately. So i need help with how to bleed the fuel system broken down to me dummy style and also what your thoughts are on the loss of power. Thank you so much for any advice given.