Thread: Duramax Intake Hoses

Post Duramax Intake Hoses

Duramax Intake Hoses

The local dealer mechanic brought to my attention a problem with the intake duct assembly on my 2001 GMC, a problem that could have significantly affected the life of the engine. The rubber portion shown here had been torn during some earlier service visit. Go here to see a permanent and great looking fix.

This article is available to everyone, but... if you're not yet a subscriber please visit this link to see how easy and inexpensive it is to support what we do here at TheDieselPage.com.
    Last edited by More Power; 07-13-2021 at 13:30.

Thumbs up

Follow-up... Back in May of this year I visited the local GM dealership and had the tech (a friend of mine) evaluate of the high-pressure fuel system because the engine had been surging under load for some time. I was in the planning phase of a head gasket replacement project for this truck, and wanted to eliminate the hi-pressure pump and related components as a cause of the surging. These parts would be so much easier to replace while the heads were off.

Turned out, the torn rubber intake ducting was the cause of the surging. Apparently, as power demand increased, the torn original hose would allow a surge of air to enter the intake, which bypassed the MAF sensor. This caused the surging.

The surging has disappeared since installing the fix shown here. Jim