My issue involves '17 L5P with ~120K. I've seen on several DMax forums a concern with metal particulate in the fuel. I'm getting a P026D (and occasionally a P2A00) DTCs. One of the troubleshooting steps included an inspection/flushing of the fuel system lines. Yes, I found some metal particulate in my filter bowl, but how many are actually getting past the filter remains a question. (I haven't flushed my lines, but have changed the fuel filter recently.) My injector balance rates appear normal: 0 +/- 0.5 variation with an occasional spike on one or two injectors, upwards of 1 to -1, then reverting back to something closer to 0.5/-0.5 (this, in either Park or in gear). Fuel consumption hasn't changed noticeably, there's no hesitation on acceleration and it idles smoothly. So, what can be generally expected on a fuel system and will the stock filter (Delco TP1015) be sufficient?

As to the DTC codes, they appear intermittently with the P026D the one most prominent, and of lesser occurrence the P2A00. The CEL may or may not illuminate. The error conditions are not "hard"- meaning, I can clear them and drive some 300 miles on a highway trip, with a couple of stops, and not incur an error. I'm thinking I have an intermittent electrical issue, perhaps corrosion judging from some of the TSBs I've found. I've changed the air filter, fuel filter, cleaned the MAF and MAP sensors. A TSB suggests corrosion on the fuel pressure sensor connector (which sits behind the CAC return pipe- just below the Throttle Body assembly). And, the only other issue may be what appears to be a slight disengagement of the connection at the discharge port of the inter-cooler itself (it doesn't look as if the return pipe connection is fully seated at the discharge end).

Looking for ideas before resigning myself to the dealership. Any of you tech experts have any thoughts or tips? Thanks!