Hey everybody,

I'm in the process of rebuilding my engine and while setting up the gear drive I found out I am missing the brass/bronze washer that goes between the cam gear and the thrust plate. I tried calling DSG to see if they had any spares, or at least the dimensions of it, but no such luck. Does anybody have one out that they would be able to measure? I have the ID and OD figured out, mainly just need the overall thickness. I ordered a couple oilite bronze thrust bearings from Mcmaster Carr that are close in size with the idea of cutting them down on a lathe. I'm assuming it needs to sit below flush with the mounting flange of the cam gear - the first one I machined took up all the end play in the cam and the gear was tight up against the thrust plate. I cut it down again, about 0.010-0.015" below flush, and it seems to turn smoothly - cam end play is at 0.012" which is at the high end, but still within spec. Would this be enough clearance for sufficient lubrication? Maybe I'm over thinking this... I could probably run it without the washer, but I really want to try to set this thing up how it was designed. Any help is greatly appreciated as always.

Thanks,

Alan