Thread: 07 LBZ Banks Intake Install

Default 07 LBZ Banks Intake Install

I went to the junk yard today to look for a heater control switch for my 1984 K5 Blazer and instead found a Banks Intake for an LMM. I checked the part numbers compairing the LMM to the LBZ and found the only difference is an elbow that still might fit the LBZ. Anyhow… For only $75 I got the Banks Intake, A LMM Banks Tuner and Duramax Weathertech mats! Nice score ehh? I’ll let yal know how the intake install goes.

Quote Originally Posted by More Power View Post
    Looks like you got the MAF sensor too! Such a deal.
    Heck yeah! I tried selling the LMM banks tuner but looks like no one is interested

After cleaning the filter, adding oil to filter, covered filter with pre-filter and installing the Banks Intake, I did notice a good bump in HP and response. Also noticed the Banks filter cleans the air much better then the cardboard honeycomb OEM LBZ intake filter.

I did buy the Banks intake scoop, but after a lot of research… I decided it’s not for me and returned it.

I just got a 4” Diamond eye straight pipe exhaust and 3” DP, CTS3 with pillar mount, LB7 up pipe, Egr delete, New Fleece Cheetah 64mm, Yukon Chrome door handles, Yukon Bose Door Speakers, new dimmer/headlight switch which fixed the Cluster glitch, weather tech floor mats and a new tail light.

Injector specs are getting close. Any ideas how to get more life out of the stock injectors?

Yukon Chrome door handles
    Now you're cooking! That'll add another 3.1 horsepower... All in good fun...

I like Banks products. Almost all of them are well researched and documented to improve performance. I watched a video recently where Gale himself talked about their new differential cover and the data collection process to prove it was better at keeping the diff lube cool. I like that sort of thing, where performance products are shown to perform...