I know this isn't really diesel related but just an update from our earlier post of trading the Baby-Max Colorado in on 2019 Sierra Denali 6.2.
Almost a year now and still miss the Colorado DMax.
Love the GMC even though it's a gas burner built for the Canadian market.
They do some strange things up there on trucks built for their market as opposed to trucks built there for export to USA.
Like having a block heater on a gas engine ! Too cold there for me for sure.
But our GM mechanic told me that our truck has a 6.2 but it's not an LS2 version but its an LS3 engine.
He said all ECM and programming ect is the same as the LS2 version but that this engine makes about 10 or 20 more horsepower.
He said he's seen differences in light on vehicles from up there but this is unusual.
He thinks maybe they had a surplus of these blocks from somewhere and substituted them. Which is strange because they don't build Corvettes there, at least I don't think they do. He said they could have been surplus that GM sent to their Canadian assembly plant due to who knows what.
It could have been meant for something like a Camaro ?
He said it did seem to run a tad stronger than the 6.2s in the other trucks. Maybe or maybe not.
But it pulls like a beast. Just hate having to run 93 octane.
Only problems with the truck to date was a Navigation error from day one of picking it up.
Turned out to be a bad usb reader on the dash not the one in the console that holds the Nav card itself. The card reader in the console has a cable that runs to the usb port on the dash and interfaces to the Head unit. Problem solved .
Other problem recently was a bad trailer display light module unit independent of the brake controller unit.
Trailer turns signals were messing up and marker lights were always on when plugged into truck.
They replaced the unit and all is well so far.
So that's why I put this post under towing forum, because any truck with the towing?trailering package might have a similar issue.