AC compressor pulley came apart on the drive to work this morning, moved back and locked up against the compressor body, melted the plug, and then shredded the belt. Thankfully it happened only about a mile away from the shop's parking lot, so although the motor got a bit warm on that last mile, fingers crossed that it didn't take out a head gasket too (got about 3/4 up on the temp gauge, but wasn't boiling over). Obviously it's not driveable, so I need to do something to it ASAP. While I would love to just mail order a new Sanden 4440 for it, I don't see it arriving in the next 8 hours, so that's out.

Local parts store shows 2 different Murray units, both new, both appear to be the same compressor body, but different clutch styles. One is listed as a 58950, HT style compressor, with a clutch that sticks out about an inch from the pulley, and uses PAG 150 oil. The other is an HT6 style with the flat face clutch and uses PAG 46 oil. The current compressor is an aftermarket Compressor Works 620151 with the flat face, and was installed by the PO. It worked up until this point, but I don't know if it is "correct" for this truck.

I'm also swamped with work at this point, and don't have the time to dig through 500 different posts on this, so I'm hoping someone can provide some insight on which of these two I should buy so I can get home tonight. Oh, and no..no stores have the bypass pulley, or I would have just done that.