Our '02 2500HD started surging a bit at idle, and taking just a bit more time to start. Nothing bad, but it's one of those 'hmm, that took two more turns of the crank than usual' sort of thing. Based on searches here, the place to start was a new fuel filter. It had been a while, so I figured why not? Got the filter, WIF eliminator kit and aluminum bleeder cap from KD, and finally got time to work on it. What a PITA. I now remember why I don't like doing these things! I seem to remember going in over the fender with the last change. This time, I had to pull the inner fender liner, as I was just about to drive a screwdriver into the filter just as my wife managed to pop it loose.

New filter on, and started pumping the primer. I probably pumped the thing 10+ minutes, in 95-degree heat, I might add. Never saw fuel in the bleeder hole. I had my wife turn the key on a couple of times, to see if we could get some help from the pump, but nothing. After another 5, or so minutes of pumping, I had her start the truck. Started, ran for 15 seconds, then died. Opened the bleeder screw and still no fuel. I then remembered that the WIF eliminator had a drain on it. Opened it and... nothing. I'm not getting ANY fuel in the filter. Reading other similar posts, I removed the fuel cap to make sure no vacuum. Nothing, no sound of sucking air, or anything. With the cap off, I tried pumping again to no avail.

What's next? I'm at a loss for a solution, other than dropping the tank and checking the fuel pump.