Thread: Head Gasket

Default Head Gasket

[COLOR=#1D1D1D][FONT=&quot]Newbie here. My truck just blew a head gasket
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1995 k3500 6.5 F TD Dully.OPS hose upgrade (Leroy,s). TM upgrade. VP delete.New complete AC system. K&N open air filter. Diamond 4” turbo back exhaust. 2.5” crossover.New AC delco GP,s. 2/0 upgraded battery cables. Relocated PMD kit(front bumper) from Leroy,s
    Leroy,s LP harness. Relocated AC Delco FFM canister w/ stainless braided fuel hoses. High flow water pump and new hoses.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you are going to keep the truck for a while buy the Diesel Page books on your truck loaded with great info for keeping it alive.
    Do both head gaskets while you are at it.
    Be prepared to start looking for replacement heads,there is probably no chance they aren't cracked.
    If you have the ability to pull the motor to do the work on it,it's almost easier. Especially if you are working by yourself.
    I had to pull the motor from my Sub as it had a bad piston from a piece of the exhaust valve broke off and beat up the piston and head pretty good.
    90 Chev 3500 c/c 4x4,6.2na,400 auto,4:10 gears.DSG Timing gears,main girdle, isspro tach, pyro,boost,oil and trany temp.Dual Tstats, High volume peninsular pump,on shelf, Custom turbo and intercooler 85%complete. Change of plans for the dually, it's going to get a Cummins. Both trucks are Blue 90 4x4 crews