Thread: Turbo? Noise under throttle

BrentN Guest

Hey All,
    Was towing my trailer this weekend and I am getting a intermittent rattling noise @ about 1900-2400 rpm when hill climbing or acceleratin. ( I can hear my turbo whining, and this noise seems to be related....Like a tinny rattling noise, like a vibration, it comes and goes, doesnt stay constantly)

I dont have a boost gauge yet, so I cant give you that data relating to pressure delivered by the turbo.

Any hints on what I should direct my attention to/

i have been having a similiar problem at about the same rpms, i just did a post on it the other day.my boost doesnt seem to have a problem when it happens, someone else mentioned exhaust baffles. strangly the noise has seem to gone away. i am thinking it was something loose in my muffler . gonna change exhaust soon anyway so maybe i will find out then. if you are in the portland area you can call me @ 503 257-5106, i would like to hear your noise to see if it is the same . good luck
    94 6.5l turbo engine code f
    homemade fsd/pmd cooler
    k&n air filter
    many goodies coming soon,oil cooler lines and 3.5" exhaust
    lots of 67-69 camaros

May have nothing to do the with turbine. When I hear intermittant rattling, I think harmonic balancer. Its easy enough to check. The four hex heads should be centered between the four spokes on the pulley.
    '94 Suburban 2500 6.5L 2WD Trailer RPO
    '89 Reg. Cab 2500 6.2L 2WD Manual 4sp
    '83 Suburban 1500 6.2L 4WD 700R4
    '83 Blazer 1500 6.2L 4WD 700R4
    Miscellaneous Gassers